PRIORITIES FOR CORI (NI) INTO THE FUTURE
Working to incarnate ‘a shared future’ vision for Northern Ireland.
- Education: exploring the moral obstacles to reconciliation as the desire for revenge and loyalty to the heroic sacrifices of the past.
- Sacred Space: creating safe spaces where different conflicting groups can meet and face together the claims/tensions between ‘us’ and ‘them’, truth and mercy, justice and peace.
- Praxis: helping to create a new set of attitudes and practices for living in a multicultural society, for healing old divisions and finding common purposes.
- New conversations: Creating and sustaining new conversations which can make a lasting, positive difference.
- Continuing the journey towards healing process.
- Religious Life;
- Challenging and empowering the ministry of Religious men and women
- Facilitating leadership training for Religious engaged in reconciliation.
- Community living: helping membership to understand community living as a dynamic witness to the possibility of living together in difference.
- Reflecting theologically on and struggling with the inter-related dynamics of forgiveness, justice, welcome and inclusion.
- Praying in ways that develop a new relationship with God and neighbour